About one-quarter of
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is a safe, non-invasive pain relief option, that has been used by physicians, physical therapists, and other health care professions for decades to treat chronic pain. Quell is the only true wearable TENS device. It is well suited to chronic knee pain because it is worn just below the knee, is not much larger than a credit card, and is comfortable enough to use 24/7. Quell is the only TENS device with specific FDA 510(k) clearance for use while sleeping. According to the Company’s Quell Health Cloud™, regular Quell users with knee pain wear their device for 10 hours a day and 40% use it while sleeping.
Quell has been commercially available over-the-counter since 2015. The most recent version, Quell 2.0, was launched in late 2018 and represents the most advanced TENS technology on the market. Key features include:
- Only TENS device powered by a proprietary neurostimulation microchip
- Prescription strength nerve stimulation
- Therapy Autopilot™ automatically controls and personalizes nerve stimulation
- Advanced power management requires battery recharging only once or twice a week
- Controlled and enhanced by the industry leading Quell Relief mobile app
- Detects and compensates for changes in the weather that may aggravate pain
- Digital health enabled – objectively tracks sleep, activity and gait and user reported pain
- Covered by 14 U.S. patents
NeuroMetrix is a leading developer and manufacturer of diagnostic and therapeutic neurostimulation-based medical devices that are used throughout the world. The Company has three FDA cleared commercial products. DPNCheck® is a point-of-care test that is used to evaluate peripheral neuropathies. ADVANCE™ is a point-of-care device that provides nerve conduction studies as an aid in diagnosing and evaluating patients suspected of having focal or systemic neuropathies. Quell® 2.0 is a wearable, mobile app enabled, neurostimulation device indicated for symptomatic relief and management of chronic pain and is available over-the-counter. The Company maintains an active, industry-leading R&D program. For more information, visit NeuroMetrix.com.
SVP and Chief Financial Officer
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/5ae1bfdb-f6bd-43e6-8cea-696c3925150d
Source: NeuroMetrix, Inc.